USE OF INFORMATION
We gather certain types of information in an effort to communicate with you about our products, services, promotions and contests. We and our affiliates and partners may also use this information to make offers to you, help us develop and improve our Sites and tailor our Sites to meet your interests. By registering on our Site and completing forms to receive newsletters and emails, you are hereby expressly consenting to receiving newsletters and emails from us, our business affiliates, and our business partners concerning promotions, products and services or other marketing materials.
We collect two types of information about users: personal information (such as name, email address, mailing address and phone number) and aggregate information (such as information about how many users log on to our sites on a daily basis).
PERSONAL INFORMATION COLLECTED
Personal information is collected when you voluntarily register with us to receive electronic newsletters, use community and communication services, answer surveys, and enter contests and other promotional opportunities provided by us. We also maintain a record of your product interests and purchases. We may receive personal usage and demographic information from our affiliates and from third parties.
AGGREGATE INFORMATION COLLECTED
Aggregate information is non-personally identifiable/anonymous information about you, such as age, gender, types of products purchased, pages you access most frequently, or search terms you enter. Aggregate information is used in a collective manner, and no single person can be identified by that compiled information. For example, the number of people who visit our Sites who are twenty-five (25) years of age is aggregate information that does not personally identify a specific user. Tracking Internet Protocol (IP) addresses is one method of collecting aggregate information about your activities online and information volunteered by you. An IP address is a number that is automatically assigned to your computer whenever you surf the World Wide Web.
SHARING INFORMATION COLLECTED WITH THIRD PARTIES, CONSULTANTS, AND AFFILIATES
We do not share, sell or trade your personal information with third parties, and we do not contribute to or participate in cooperative databases, which give other companies access to such personal information, unless:
- You have been given an opportunity to “opt-in” and have agreed to so opt-in to such disclosure of your information;
- We must share your information in order to provide a product or service that you have ordered or requested, in which case we will require that any third person or entity we use to fulfill your order agrees that it does not have the right to use your information other than to fulfill your order or request; or
- We are required to respond to subpoena, court orders or other requirement of law which requires disclosure of your information.
- As indicated above, we may share the specific personal information you give to us with consultants and with corporate affiliates, business partners, including other Calmer Sutra companies, both for business purposes and for advertising and promotional purposes. In addition, we may share aggregate information with our affiliates and consultants and with third parties both for business purposes and advertising and promotional purposes.
This Site may contain links to other websites. We attempt to link to websites that share our high standards and respect for privacy. Please be aware that we are not responsible for the privacy practices of such other sites. We encourage our users to be aware when they leave our Site, and visit another website, they should read the privacy statements of websites that collect personally identifiable information. Under no circumstances shall we have any liability whatsoever for the activities conducted by or at any website accessed from or through this Site. This privacy statement applies solely to information collected by this Site.
SECURITY AND SSL
Protecting your information is a priority for us, and therefore we employ procedural and technical safeguards to secure your personal information against loss, theft, alteration, and unauthorized access, use and disclosure. We use the industry-standard Secure Sockets Layer (SSL) technology to protect the security of your online information. The SSL technology encrypts any information you enter on our accounts setup page before being transmitted to our server. You can safely enter your credit card and personal registration information and it cannot be read in transit to our server. We also employ many security procedures to protect your information from unauthorized access by users inside and outside the company.
Regardless of the precautions taken by us we cannot ensure or warrant the security of any information you transmit to us, and you transmit such information at your own risk.
WHAT CAN YOU DO TO PROTECT YOUR INFORMATION?
- Use only secure websites when disclosing your information. Secure pages begin with “https”.
- Avoid using easy to figure out access and personal ID (PIN) codes.
- Never respond to unsolicited requests for your social security number or financial information.
- Do not disclose your passwords to the Site or your account information to any other person.
- Be sure to sign off when finished using a shared computer.
- To check the security of your connection, look at the lower left-hand corner of your browser window after accessing the server. If you use an unbroken key or closed lock (depending on your browser), then SSL is active and the server is secure. You can also double-check by looking at the URL (Universal Resource Locator) line of your browser. When accessing a secure server, the first characters of the site address will change from “http” to “https”.
- Some versions of browsers and some firewalls don’t permit communication through secure servers. In that case, you won’t be able to connect to the server.
EMAIL AND ELECTRONIC NEWSLETTERS
CORRECTIONS TO PERSONAL INFORMATION AND INFORMATION REMOVAL
After you have registered for membership and chosen to receive newsletters and emails, you may review, revise or request removal of your account information at any time. Please access your user profile and removal of your account, and remove the check from the subscribed option box, or alternatively send an email to firstname.lastname@example.org or call us toll-free at (718) 218-4279 ease note that such requests or changes may take up to six to eight weeks to become effective.
CHILDREN AND PRIVACY
We are concerned about the safety of children when they use the World Wide Web. We encourage parents and guardians to spend time with their children online and to be familiar with the sites their children visit. We will never knowingly request personally identifiable information from anyone under the age of 18 without prior verifiable parental consent. If we become aware that a customer is under the age of 18 and has registered without prior verifiable parental consent, we will remove his or her personally identifiable registration information from our files. If you are the parent or guardian of a person under the age of 18 who has provided personally identifiable information to us without your approval, please inform us by contacting us at the email address or telephone number listed above and we will remove such information from our database.
Information posted to message boards, chat areas, club and home pages are available to the general public. Please use caution when posting any such information. Users under the age of 18 should be particularly careful not to provide any personally identifying information while using chat rooms or message boards. Users of chat areas and message boards must follow acceptable standards of behavior when posting messages online. We reserve the right to, but are not obligated to, refuse or delete any content that in our sole discretion is considered inappropriate. If you are concerned about your children’s use of the Site, you may use web filtering technology to supervise or limit access to the Site.
No transmission of data over the Internet is guaranteed to be completely secure. It may be possible for third parties not under our control to intercept or access transmissions or private communications unlawfully. While we strive to protect your personal information, we cannot ensure or warrant the security of any information you transmit to us. Any such transmission is done at your own risk. By choosing to visit our websites and to provide information to us, you agree that any dispute arising out of such decision will be submitted for arbitration in New York, USA in accordance with the rules of the American Arbitration Association, and you consent to the application of the law of the State of New York in any such arbitration. UNDER NO CIRCUMSTANCES, INCLUDING BUT NOT LIMITED TO NEGLIGENCE SHALL WE OR AFFILIATES OR BUSINESS PARTNERS BE LIABLE FOR ANY SPECIAL, INCIDENTAL OR CONSEQUENTIAL DAMAGES THAT RESULT FROM YOUR DECISION TO PROVIDE INFORMATION VIA OUR WEBSITES. IF THE FOREGOING LIMITATIONS ARE HELD INAPPLICABLE OR UNENFORCEABLE FOR ANY REASON, THEN THE MAXIMUM LIABILITY OF US TO YOU FOR ANY TYPE OF DAMAGES SHALL BE LIMITED TO THE GREATER OF THE ACTUAL AMOUNT PAID BY YOU FOR ANY PRODUCTS OFFERED ON THE WEBSITE OR U.S. $100.00.
If any provision of the Terms and Conditions or Policy is found to be invalid by a court having competent jurisdiction, the invalidity of such provision shall not affect the validity of the remaining provisions, which shall remain in full force and effect. Our failure to enforce any term or condition of the Terms and Conditions shall not be deemed a waiver thereof and shall not prevent its later enforcement.